Monitor and Check Web Site or Server Uptime and Availability for Free « My Digital Life.
There are several free website monitoring services and server monitoring services available online, some with options to upgrade for advanced monitoring and alert or notification services:
- SiteUpTime – Free account monitors 1 service from 4 monitoring location at the frequency of 30 or 60 minutes with email alerts.
- HostTracker – Check the specified resource and service periodically according to the parameters of the monitoring set, and when an access error occur, the site will be checked by all other monitoring points; should these attempts fail, e-mail or SMS message notification of the problem will be sent.
- Internet Vista – Light offer checks and monitors 1 server on HTTP pages every 60 minutes with email alerts.
- EControl Portal.net – Free Internet web-based monitoring service provided to promote EControl Portal downloadable software, monitors and watches Internet services such as HTTP, HTTPS, PING, DNS, IMAP, POP3, RADIUS, NNTP, WEB CONTENT and AUTHORIZATION. When it detects that one of your internet services is not responding, it will send notifications to you at all of your designated contacts for that site.
- Pingdom – Reliable monitoring service with 20 free SMS text alert and 1 minute checking interval.
- Service Uptime – One monitoring service (any port or service) checked every 30 minutes from servers all over the world.
- ServerMojo – Monitor servers web, ping, dns, mysql and more approximately every 15 minutes. Free notifications by email and via Jabber IM server any time server is not responding, or optionally by SMS notifications for a small monthly fee.
- upPanel – Free website monitoring service that watches your websites and alert you if one becomes unavailable.
- WebSitePulse – Monitor the performance and status of your website HTTP server for free at interval of 60 minutes with e-mail and cellular phone notifications.
- Uptrends – Free version checks 1 website every 30 minutes and provides detailed reports and alerts by email, RSS or IM.
- BasicState.com – Free uptime monitoring service monitors http and https services every 15 minutes for unlimited number of sites. Instant trouble alerts by email or SMS (premium fees).
- AlertFox – Claims to be a evolutionary new website transaction monitoring service that is capable of keeping tabs on the function and performance of all websites, even those that use AJAX, Flash, Flex, and Silverlight. Free version offers 1 Firefox real browser test with a 4h interval, and 3 classic sensors with a 1h interval.
There are also downloadable standalone software program that can be installed on your own PC to do ‘in-house’ monitoring and checking:
- Nagios – Free, open source host, service and network monitoring program.
- Zabbix – Open source solution for advanced monitoring, alerting and visualisation features.
- Paessler IPCheck Server Monitor – Freeware edition is free for personal and non-commercial use with limitation of minimum monitoring interval of 15 minutes.
- Website Monitoring – Runs as service on Windows NT based system, and sits in the system tray, alerts you with an icon notification and an email if your website is down or running slowly.
- ManageEngine Website Monitoring – Monitor performance and availability of websites using HTTP and HTTPS requests, from end-user perspective. Free edition allows 5 monitors in the network.
- URL Guard – A standalone program that monitor sites from system tray.
- Tiny Site Watcher -monitor the status of any website or computer on the network and alert users visually, audibly and even by emails in the event the site or machine does not respond.
Other paid website monitoring services, either web-based or desktop-based, are InternetSeer, Dotcom-Monitor, Global Web Monitor, Host Security, Webmetrics, WatchMouse, Still-Up, jaGuard, Alertra, Rushland, Woodstone Servers Alive, and Advanced HostMonitor.